May 1, 2016
Apr. 25, 2016
- This week, I am planning to attend as many senior design presentations as possible, so my office hours will be curtailed for the next few days. Mostly, during non-class time, I will be hanging out in Coover 3043. If you need to meet with me about anything, it will be best to send me an email and arrange a time and place.
Apr. 21, 2016
- As discussed in class, I edited the homework set to clear up the ambiguity regarding the amplitudes and phase angles of the sources in the first problem.
- Solutions to all of the AC quiz problems are on the web site. Note that for Quiz 25, the two versions are solved in two different ways, so it might be worthwhile to look at both of those.
Apr. 15, 2016
- As mentioned in class, I fixed a couple of issues with the homework set. There were some typos in the answer portion of 53, and there were some numbers missing in 55. Those numbers are Im = 5 A and ω = 2500 rad/s.
Apr. 13, 2016
- The solutions to quiz 22 (from Monday) are available. You might want to take a look if you are still a bit fuzzy about doing AC calculations.
Apr. 12, 2016
- Homework J is on the web site.
- Lab 10 is on the web site.
- Now that everyone has finally taken Exam 2, the solution is on the web site
Apr. 10, 2016
- Several examples of using AC analysis have been added to the topics available. These will certainly help in understanding how to do quizzes and homeworks.
Apr. 7, 2016
- I will not be able to have office hours today - I have to attend the External Advisory Board meeting in the afternoon. My apologies for any inconvenience.
Apr. 3, 2016
- Homeset I is available. Note that there are several parts that require using SPICE.
Mar. 31, 2016
- Here is the exam 2 formula sheet.
Mar. 29, 2016
- Here is exam 2 from last year.
- The Exam 2 review session will start at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, Mar. 31 in 2115 Pearson Hall.
Mar. 29, 2016
- The description for Lab 8 is available.
- I've changed the topic for Wednesday's quiz. It will be on RC and/or RL transients, not complex numbers.
Mar. 25, 2016
- You can see your scores along with current "course grade". Use the Scores link above.
Much to my embarrassment, there are a couple of typos in the homework that should be fixed. I’m sorry about the late notice, but I just found out about them myself.
Both are on problem 42. The first is that the parabolic factor for the voltage rise should be a = 10^7 V/s^2. With the old, incorrect value, the voltage would climb only to 5 V, not 10 V as stated in the problem. The second is that the limitation of the downward ramp should be for “only 0.2 ms”. The old value of 2 ms works, but it is a bit silly. I’ve updated the homework problem statements to include these corrections. I’ve highlighted the changed items by making the font red. While I was at it, I also clarified a statement in problem 41. The original statement wasn’t really wrong, but it could be mis-interpreted.
Here is some compensation: If this late change makes it impossible for you to get homework H done today, you can wait to turn it in on Monday with no penalty. In effect, this is an extra “late freebie” that you can use for this homework.
Mar. 9, 2016
- Important note!! There is a bad typo in the homework problem 35. Specificially, the inverting and non-inverting leads of the op amp are reversed. Not only is this not an inverting amp, it is not even negative feedback! If you built this circuit with the leads reversed (or tried to use it in SPICE), it would fail miserably. I have posted a corrected version on the web site. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Also, while I'm here: I will not hand back your exams today - I have not quite finished the grading. I will return them on Friday.
- Homework G. Due on Mar. 11. Note: Because of spring break, there are no late submissions for HW G - turn it in on Friday (or before) or don't bother.
- An old lab exam
Feb. 24, 2016Exam stuff:
- Review session: tonight (Feb. 24) in 1304 Howe Hall, starting at 8:00 p.m.
- An old exam
- the "cheat sheet" that you will have for the exam.
Feb. 14, 2016New stuff on the web site:
- Lab 4.
- Homework E.
- SPICE tutorials.
I will not have office hours today. I need to finish some work at the MRC that will last through the middle of the afternoon. My apologies for any inconvenience.
Feb. 1, 2016
As discussed in class, the circuit design portion of Lab 1 (Part 9) has been moved to Lab 2. You should not include anything relating to the design in your Lab 1 report. (I have changed the Lab 1 report template to reflect the change.) If you were able to complete the design and demonstrate it in lab last week, then save your work and include it in the report for Lab 2. If you didn't finish the design last week, then you have a chance to take another crack at it.
Jan. 31, 2016New stuff on the web site:
- Lab 2.
- Homework C.
- Source transformation and node-voltage lecture notes.
Jan. 24, 2016
- Note that the quiz for Monday will be on power and energy again - not Kirchoff's laws. We need to see some examples of using Kirchoff's laws before having quizzes on it.
Jan. 19, 2016
- Office hours are modified for today (only): 2:30 - 5:00 instead of 1:00 - 3:00. My apologies for any inconvenience.
Jan. 18, 2016
- Homework set A (due on Jan. 22) is on the web site.
- The description for Lab 1 is on the web site
Jan. 4, 2016
This is the web site for EE 201 - sections D, E, and F - for Spring 2016.